SEE THE NIAGARA COMMUNITY IN ACTION
The era of the Internet of Things (IoT) has arrived – a time when openness and connectivity are vital to realising operational efficiencies in commercial buildings.
The Niagara Forum 2023 will be the place to learn what truly open systems can achieve and how to make the most of the opportunities offered by the IoT. The Niagara Framework has the power to connect diverse devices and systems in ways that have never been imagined before. Whether you are designing for an office, hospital or data centre this truly open platform empowers users to achieve more than they thought possible.
The Niagara Forum brings together the Niagara Community to learn more about the Niagara Framework, exchange ideas, and make connections with other industry leaders. It provides an opportunity to gain insight into emerging trends and technologies.
Who should attend?
|Building Owners||System Integrators||Manufacturers|
|Engineers||Facility Managers||Environmental Executives|
MONDAY, 15 MAY
10:00 - 18:00 | Trade Show Setup, Park Plaza Westminster
12:00 - 14:00 | Developer Registration, Ballroom Foyer
12:00 - 13:00 | Lunch for Developer Partners
DEVELOPER DAY AGENDA
Tridium's lead software developers and architects will be sharing their expertise and knowledge with experts from the Niagara Developer Community. Hear about how to code with new techniques, tips and tricks, as well as master classes on how to extend features in the Niagara Framework.
- PRESENTER: Nick Dodd, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Nick Dodd launches Developer Day by highlighting a selection of new features introduced into Niagara since the last Forum in 2019.
- PRESENTER: Jason Woollard, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Jason Woollard demonstrates how to implement a 3rd party library into NDriver with minimal code.
- PRESENTER: Ajay Matthew, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Join Ajay Mathew to learn about incorporating lexicons and other internationalization features into your modules.
- PRESENTER: Mike James, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Mike James will help you to debug your Niagara projects using a wide range of tools and techniques.
- PRESENTER: JJ Frankovich, Tridium
14:45 - 15:15 | Tea for Developer Partners
- PRESENTER: Andy Sutton, Tridium
- PRESENTER: Craig Gemmill, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Craig Gemmill will introduce the new Niagara Data Service which will make the Niagara data model available via the cloud enabling new and exciting new applications.
- PRESENTER: Eric Anderson, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Join Eric Anderson to discover how to leverage unit testing with TestNg in your modules, covering Niagara specific classes and techniques.
- PRESENTER: Christophe Holc
- DESCRIPTION: Christophe Holc will demonstrate how VayanData leverage TeamCity to provide continuous integration and delivery for their Niagara offerings.
- PRESENTER: Tridium Team
16:00 - 20:00 | Registration
19:00 - 20:30 | Welcome Drinks Reception and Exhibition, Plaza Suite
TUESDAY, 16 MAY
7:30 - 9:00 | Registration, Coffee Break, and Exhibition
The world of integrated building controls continues to evolve rapidly, and Tridium is still at the cutting edge of market innovations as well as continued product enhancements and new product introductions. Hear from Tridium senior leadership as they set the scene for the Forum with industry insights, new product reveals and more.
- PRESENTER: Paul Rogers, Tridium
- PRESENTER: Victor Abelairas, Tridium
- PRESENTER: Paul Rogers, Tridium
- PRESENTER: Paul Warnes, Tridium
10:30 - 11:00 | Coffee Break and Exhibition
- PRESENTER: Stephen Holicky, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Tridium’s Director of Product Management offers a vision of future technology trends and Niagara product strategy.
- PRESENTERS: Frank Blumensatt, Tridium, Tino Zander, Phoenix Contact, Deepan Patel, Phoenix Contact
- DESCRIPTION: Niagara is used in a huge variety of buildings with a broad range of different requirements and needs. We'll explore how Niagara drives value in some of these projects and also showcase some experiences of our valued partner Phoenix Contact with special focus on how Niagara enables the way to net zero and high-tech sector coupling.
- PRESENTER: Howard Gray, CGI
- DESCRIPTION: With all governments striving to tackle the climate crisis, increasing ESG demands from stakeholders and the continued development of legislative requirements, then the language of sustainability is something all organisations need to come to terms with. Whilst technology has a significant role to play in driving sustainable outcomes then our global demand for data and digital innovation also presents its own challenges. Join Howard from CGI’s Sustainability Advisory Practice who will help navigate some of the jargon and share insight on his team’s work supporting clients to deliver their net zero ambition.
- PRESENTER: Ausra Morkaunite, Tony Hardwick, Chris Riccobono, Mike Smith and Stephen Holicky, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Hear Ausra Morkaunite and Tony Hardwick review important product updates that add real value for Niagara engineers. They are joined by Product Managers Chris Riccobono, Mike Smith and Stephen Holicky who will share details of upcoming product releases and future direction.
- PRESENTER: Kevin Mamajek, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Hear from Kevin Mamajek how you can use simple actions to add valuable metadata to Niagara applications. Learn about the power of rules that help the of automated assignment of tagging and the latest support for Haystack 4.
NIAGARA 101 TRACK
- PRESENTER: Paul Fahy, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: If you are new to Niagara, come and learn about what solutions it provides from product line-up, architecture, integration options and reasons why you should specify Niagara in your projects.
- PRESENTER: Radu Petrescu, Innon
- DESCRIPTION: If you are a Building Automation or IoT engineer, see how Niagara can help you achieve your full creative potential and how it unlocks previously impossible solutions. If you are a specifier, come and witness the vast solution possibilities enabled by Niagara and challenge the limits of your imagination. If you are an end-user, come and take a fresh perspective on how to appraise a technical solution before deciding which way to go on your next Building Automation and IoT project.
- PRESENTER: David Graf, Stephen Holicky, Pavlo Pazelskyi, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Pavlo Pazelskyi explains how support services will adapt with the growth of Cloud services. Hear from David Graf about the newly enhanced Professional Services team and their ability to build bespoke drivers, consulting services. The session concludes with Stephen Holicky showcasing the new Niagara Marketplace which provides an eCommerce store for community created drivers, tools and added value enhancements.
- PRESENTER: Jacqueline Walpole, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Niagara is now available on a growing range of community hardware, each with its own unique value. Jacqueline Walpole from Tridium gives an overview of what portability and containerisation is and showcase the products available today.
- PRESENTER: Nick Dodd, Tony Hardwick, Sarah Johnson, Curtis McKerlie, Kevin Mamajek, Jason Woollard, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Join experts from the Tridium Team in a showcase of capabilites now available for the Cloud. The Team will explain how to configure Niagara HTTP Driver and JSON Toolkit to integrate data from API sources; as well as publishing data to an expanded range of Cloud Services and MQTT brokers. Archiving options for both On-Prem and Cloud will be compared, introducing the new Niagara Cloud Data Services. The final part of this techical deep dive will show how third party applications can consume rich, semantic systemwide data using the new Cloud hosted NDS API.
- PRESENTER: Tony Leca, Ethnics Consulting
- DESCRIPTION: Come and listen to Tony Leca about his experiences of specifying Niagara in luxury hotels and high rise apartments across Africa, Europe and the Middle east.
- PRESENTER: Fiona Sawkill, British Land, Karen Warner, ARUP, Mick Davidson, Skanska, John Clarke, One Sightsolutions
- DESCRIPTION: One Sightsolutions are Smart Building award winners, and will host a panel to discuss ‘The Journey of a Smart Building from Concept to Delivery’.
18:30 - 22:30 | Drinks Reception and Conference Dinner, Westminster Ballroom
- PRESENTER: Jeremy Towler, BSRIA
- DESCRIPTION: What are the key drivers for technological change around the world, and how to they impact industry and society in general and building services in particular? Here Jeremy Towler of BSRIA takes a look at some of the “big picture” issues and why they are important to us all.
- PRESENTER: Ed Soo Hoo, Lenovo
- DESCRIPTION: Ed Soo Hoo is an asymmetrical thinker, crossing the intellectual and practical boundaries of enterprise and technology. Ed is known for stretching-the-box strategic thinking allowing companies expand from “Now, New to Next.” Ed connects the dots of technology and turns that capability into business-altering solutions for any organization. His Tetris-like talent for enabling, leveraging, and enhancing existing operational models and ecosystems is truly transformational.
- An Industry Fellow at the Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology at UC Berkeley and executive coach, Ed brings unique insights coming from a diverse, eclectic set of rich experiences through a career that includes blue-collar teamster, global company leader, and eight-time startup exec (seed to IPO to buyout). A sought-after executive and keynote speaker on business leadership, Ed presents his theories on entrepreneurial spirit, vision, and drive through a multidisciplinary perspective of the world.
- The way we work has forever changed, so it’s time that the way we lead follows suit. In order to meet the challenges of a post-pandemic world and workforce, we must explore the ways in which we can build, inspire, and lead a team. In this eclectic and innovative mixed-media presentation, you can expect the right side of your brain to light up as you’re invited to think differently about the challenges you and your team face. This presentation uses the power of storytelling and engaging metaphors to explore leadership throughout the ages: from the Temple of Apollo to Apollo 11, from the Mona Lisa to MotoGP or Formula1.
- Attendees will gain a refreshed perspective on the tenets of leadership and the ways in which they, too, can engage and empower those around them in the everadapting world in which we live. Whether you’re a gearhead, movie fanatic, history buff, art enthusiast, or just a sponge for new ideas and making connections, you’re bound to walk away with relevant and unexpected stories that expand your understanding of the meaning of leadership and help you to create a vision and embark upon a path of transformation for your team.
- PRESENTER: Neil Salt, Evolvr
- DESCRIPTION: In today's digital age, social media, artificial intelligence, and digital marketing are transforming the way companies present themselves. This marketing 101 session is led by Neil Salt, founder of Evolvr, who will share tips and tricks on revenue marketing, performance tracking, and how to stand out online.
- DESCRIPTION: A panel discussion with industry leaders to discuss the market trends and new technology adoption that is shaping the smart buildings sector. These industry leaders will share their experience of real world projects and specifications and the driving force behind them.
- PRESENTER: Chris Riccobono, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Productivity is the key to setting up and also maintaining Niagara whether for small or large and complex systems. See Chris Riccobono using powerful new tools for managing system data as well as wiresheet logic, leveraging the power of tagged data and implement at scale. Niagara 4 has come a long way from AX techniques and there are many tips and techniques up for grabs.
- PRESENTER: Tony Hardwick, Curtis McKerlie, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Hear from experts Tony Hardwick and Curtis McKerlie to learn key techniques that help scale Niagara. This session will show how the new multi-tiered support for system database enables flexibility and ease for building larger systems.
- PRESENTER: Kamal Nair, Conexao Technology Solutions
- PRESENTER: Thomas Dolby, Accruent
- PRESENTER: Russ McKay, IBM
- PRESENTER: Cornelius Berns, Thermokon
- PRESENTER: Benjamin Ott, Belimo
- PRESENTER: Khaled Charif, PicaCity
- PRESENTER: James Johnson, Jason Woollard, Tridium
- DESCRIPTION: Learn from James Johnson and Jason Woollard how to optimise Niagara applications, leveraging new features and best practices. The session will focus on solving common issues, exploring each scenario and the tools used to decipher the cause.
- PRESENTER: Dominik Zühlke, Tridium, Juergen Ott, Honeywell
- DESCRIPTION: BACnet expert Juergen Ott explains how to optimise Niagara for BACnet and AMEV specified projects. Learn from Dominik Zühlke in a deep dive showing how BACnet Secure Connect provides security to BACnet installations helping them address modern IT requirements.
- PRESENTER: Jason Bennet, One Sightsolutions
- PRESENTER: Christian Heim, IoTEC AG
- PRESENTER: Ged Tyrrell, Tyrrell Products, Josh Sykes, WSP Consulting
- PRESENTER: Olivier Poumeyrol, VayanData
- PRESENTER: Pawel Szarmanski, iSMA Controlli
- PRESENTER: Sanjeev Bhatia, Netix Global
15:20 - 15:30 | Closing Address and Wrap-up
15:30 - 16:00 | Tea and event closes
Conference Dress Code: Business Casual
Agenda subject to change