Did you know that your internet is out of date?
Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website.
Just click on the icons to download a compatible browser.
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
Transform Your Infrastructure
Build a Smart City Without Having to Start from Scratch
Cities today grapple with the need integrate new technologies with existing infrastructure in order to ease financial pressures, develop strategic approaches to sustainability, increase economic development and protect the long-term wellbeing of their citizens.
The rise of “smart cities” has generated new applications of the Niagara Framework®. Our open platform allows communities to build an ecosystem of interconnected commercial buildings, smart grids, water utility management systems, transportation applications and government services administration systems. Niagara can help municipalities operate with greater efficiency, awareness and intelligence, while maintaining and enhancing their current infrastructure.
While many cities see the value of converging their systems into a smart city model, they face challenges:
- Legacy city infrastructure management systems are costly to replace.
- Diverse city subsystems are difficult to integrate .
- As there are typically multiple providers for each of many interacting city systems, an open communication protocol that they all understand is needed.
- Applications are needed to optimize system behavior for day-to-day operation, as well as during special events (natural disaster, sporting events, etc.)
Niagara enables every system to communicate and interoperate, including:
- Energy (smart grid, alternative energy, demand management)
- Water utility (wastewater treatment, system monitoring)
- Transportation (fleet, fuel, traffic management, street lighting)
- Buildings management (municipal, commercial, industrial)
- Government services (public safety, CCTV, digital signage)