Did you know that your internet is out of date?
Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website.
Just click on the icons to download a compatible browser.
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
Connect Anywhere with Niagara Remote
Niagara Remote™ provides web-based remote access to a Niagara station from an Internet-connected device. No additional hardware, gateways or VPNs needed!
The need for remote connection to a Niagara-based network of devices arises often in the daily life of the Niagara Framework® user. Niagara Remote is a service from the Niagara Cloud Suite that helps increase productivity for the user troubleshooting a deployment, doing regular engineering and maintenance work, or just checking the status of all operations across a Niagara-based network via the graphical user interface. Niagara Remote enables faster issue identification, resolution and more responsive service.
Niagara Cloud Suite enhances the Niagara Framework by extending your offerings to the cloud. With Niagara Remote, you can access a Niagara Supervisor or JACE via a web browser, without the need for additional hardware, gateways or VPNs.
Tridium understands that security is often a key customer concern when deploying a cloud solution. Thus, Niagara Remote™ is designed to work with standard IT-network firewall technology and incorporates robust security features, for example:
- All user and station communications use HTTPS / websockets on port 443.
- Niagara station initiates outbound, remote access connection to the cloud. Inbound connections are not required.
- A single endpoint application program interface — api.niagara-cloud.com — is used for all communication with the station.
- Multi-Factor Authentication required for remote access to station.
- Fine-grained, role-based access controls allow user access to be managed at the station level.
- TLS1.2+ (TLS1.3 recommended) for all communications.
NIAGARA REMOTE PREREQUISITES
Niagara Remote and other Niagara Cloud Suite™ offerings require an active Niagara Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) throughout the term of the subscription. The end-customer should be updated to a current, supported release of Niagara Framework with all the latest cyber-threat protections applied. This is another aspect of Tridium’s ‘Secure by Default’ policy for all Niagara Framework offerings.
All Subscribers to an offering in the Niagara Cloud Suite have access to the Niagara Cloud Management portal.
HOW IT WORKS
REGISTRATION: Subscribers register Niagara Supervisors and JACEs on Niagara Cloud Suite™ management portal.
CONNECT: Registered stations create a secure, outbound WebSocket connection on port 443.
LOG IN: Remote users log into the Management Portal from browser. Upon successful authenticationI(including MFA), a remote access session is established over the station’s WebSocket connection.
WORK REMOTELY: Remote users can logon to Niagara Stations and do tasks inside Niagara applications, as if they were using an on-premises Niagara station. Web traffic is routed over WebSocket connection.
LOG OUT: Remote users log out from each Niagara station accessed during the remote session.
NIAGARA CLOUD MANAGEMENT PORTAL
All Subscribers to an offering in the Niagara Cloud Suite have access to the Niagara Cloud Management portal. From this portal, subscribers can setup and access the following Niagara Cloud Suite services:
- For systems integrators:
- Ability to register a device to a customer-unique cloud tenant
- Ability to create a partner-view hierarchy describing customer, project and subscribed device by hostID
- Ability to create and retrieve backups
- Ability to assign customer users
- For End Users (Building Owner/ Property Manager):
- View devices registered to their organization
- View and retrieve backups