Did you know that your internet is out of date?
Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website.
Just click on the icons to download a compatible browser.
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
Safeguard Your Data with Niagara Recover
Niagara Recover™ is a cloud subscription service for data backup and recovery that saves you time and effort. No more rebuilding graphics, alarms, histories, analytics, and users each time you restore a Niagara 4 device! No more worrying about local storage capacity!
Niagara Recover, another service in the Niagara Cloud Suite™, helps Niagara Framework® users safeguard their deployments from data loss. It maintains a current copy of Niagara station data in the event of a planned or unplanned outage that would otherwise interrupt operations and/or continuity of data collection. With a Niagara Recover subscription, users can achieve seamless, secure and scalable backups of Niagara to the cloud and access backups at their convenience.
To create a cyber-protected backup environment for your data, Niagara Recover features:
- Automated and on-demand backups
- Backups enriched by meta-data details
- Secure data encryption in motion and at rest
- Flexibility and scalability—subscribers can back up a JACE or Supervisor station without concern for managing disk space
- Seamless integration of backup functionality into a Niagara network
NIAGARA RECOVER PREREQUISITES
Niagara Recover and other Niagara Cloud Suite™ offerings require an active Niagara Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) throughout the term of the subscription. The end-customer should be updated to a current, supported release of Niagara Framework with all the latest cyber-threat protections applied. All Subscribers to an offering in the Niagara Cloud Suite have access to the Niagara Cloud Management portal.
HOW IT WORKS
- Subscribers can program a backup step into the Niagara station’s control logic to be initiated according to a schedule or with a specified user action.
- Up to five backups per instance are stored on rotation.
- The earliest of the 5 timestamped backups that has not been labeled as the preset “preferred backup” will be overwritten.
- There are no limits on the size of the backup.
- Subscribers can retrieve their selected timestamped or preferred backup for a covered Niagara instance at any time and use the station’s passphrase to restore to the device.
NIAGARA CLOUD MANAGEMENT PORTAL
All Subscribers to an offering in the Niagara Cloud Suite have access to the Niagara Cloud Management portal. From this portal, subscribers can setup and access the following Niagara Cloud Suite services:
- For systems integrators:
- Ability to register a device to a customer-unique cloud tenant
- Ability to create a partner-view hierarchy describing customer, project and subscribed device by hostID
- Ability to create and retrieve backups
- Ability to assign customer users
- For End Users (Building Owner/ Property Manager):
- View devices registered to their organization
- View and retrieve backups